Satisfy corporate policies for the original files in an easy and safe manner.
Local Backup Connector is the application that allows a complete backup of the entire THRON platform. All folders and content will be downloaded into a local folder (either your PC or fileserver), and this backup will be kept updated depending on the changes that take place within THRON.
The synchronization service has the following installation requirements: Windows Vista (and later) or Windows Server 2008 (and later).
Installation and configuration
At the end of the activation procedure for the Local Backup Connector, you will be provided with the relative appId. We invite you to take note of this information as it will be required during the configuration process. From the Management tab of the connector you will then be able to download an archive containing the executable to perform the installation of the local synchronization service. Download and unzip the file, then run the setup executable and complete the installation procedure.
Once the installation has finished, you can start the configuration process by launching the "THRON Local Backup" executable.
Within the first screen you will be asked to enter the following information:
- clientId: it is the domain name used to access THRON, which usually matches the company name.
- appId: the unique identifier of the Sync Up Connector that is provided at the end of the activation procedure. The appId entry is case sensitive and should be reported with uppercase characters.
In the second step you will have the ability to schedule the scanning process of the platform, the period of activity for the connector and the bandwidth consumption:
- Functioning time span: allows you to set the time period within which the synchronization service will be active (leave it blank if you want 24-hour).
- FrequencyUpdate: allows you to determine how often the synchronization service will analyze the platform folders for any changes.
- Bandwidth limit: allows you to set a limit to the bandwidth consumption by the synchronization service.
Finally in the last step, you can specify the local folder to be used for synchronization and the language.
Once you press the "Finish" button, the configuration will be saved and the connector will start to download content within the local folder, withdrawing them from the THRON platform.
The configuration of the synchronization process can be changed at any time by launching the "THRON Local Backup" executable and selecting "Modify Configuration"; while thanks to the command "Erase History" you can reset the memory of the synchronization service so that all those files within the folder (and not only those that have changed) are re-synchronized after the next analysis.
For each content a file with .metadata extension whose name must match the name of the content's source file will be downloaded. The .metadata file is an xml file structured as follows:
[other locale elements, one for each language]
<name>Unlocalized metadata element name</name>
<value>Unlocalized metadata element value string</value>
<name>Localized metadata element name</name>
<value>Localized metadata element value string</value>
[other metadata elements]
- _LANG_ identifies a local string in the ISO standard 639-1 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes) but must be entered with uppercase characters.