THRON maximizes the value of content: one way to accomplish this is to simplify the development of all the channels which allow you to communicate with the end user.
Widget Framework precisely responds to this logic: it's the quickest way to enhance your content across any digital environment: websites, mobile apps, intranet or extranet, digital archives.
Widget Framework, designed to be easily integrated and personalised, is the turnkey solution which lets you get the maximum benefit from the content you have in THRON.
Thanks to Widget Framework you can easily manage access, usage rights, viewing and sharing.
The widgets currently available are:
- Login: allows the integration of a website/app/intranet using the THRON authentication system (system can also be used for personalising the pages within).
- Menu: allows you to replicate the content organisation on the front end exactly how it is designed in the back end: through THRON's folders.
- Content List: set of all the content which is in the folder (and subfolders) where the widget works and to which the user has access, displayed in order of priority of the contents.
- Compact Content List: compared to the previous Content List, it provides a vertical list of contents, with the title and description to the right of the contents preview.
- Content List Selection: set of all the content which is in the folder (and subfolders) where the widget works with the possibility to select content via checkbox.
- Search: it filters the contents displayed in the Content List or Compact Content List based on parameters chosen by the user.
- Compact Search: it provides an input field for a simple search and the ability to filter the content type.
Click the button below to explore a sample project developed thanks to Widget Framework:
Reduces the time to market: in just a few steps, Widget Framework allows you to take advantage of the content you have in THRON to open a new communication channel with users, minimizing development costs.
More effective content strategy: exploiting data from the content use to determine what content brings the most value to your business.
Brand identity protection: Widget Framework is a ready-to-use solution and can easily be customised, keeping the brand identity throughout all communication channels.
Once the main "Widget Framework" application has been activated, you will be able to start single "Widget" instances, linking them to specific folders in order to organize and implement different projects. Each single instance or configuration can also be managed by different users, it will be the main application's owner who defines access when the instance is created.
Thanks to the Widget Frameworks’ dashboard you can create projects, and organize widgets on different pages inside these projects.
Use the “Create new project” button to start up a new project, name it, and select the directories each published widget will extract content from. Inside the new project, click the button “Create new page” to create a new page inside that project where you can publish any available widgets.
When creating a widget you can choose its type and name. Once the widget has been created you are redirected to the widget management dashboard. From here you can modify the following parameters:
- CSS, these parameters define the widget’s aspects such as the colour of text and icons:
- Configuration parameters, these manage the widget’s functions. For a more detailed understanding of this range of functions please consult the documentation:
- Language Management, these parameters manage the various labels in the widget’s graphical interface:
Every parameter can be modified either through a guided visual editor, or by a text editor, where more advanced developers can directly modify its code:
Once the widget has been published, using its embedded code it can be easily included in webpages so that you can start using that widget. If a page contains more than one widget, thanks to the “Embed page code” you can obtain the embedded code that includes every published widget.
Further information on the customization and usage of the Widget Framework can be found in the following article: https://support.thron.com/hc/articles/207711579