The Wordpress connector allows publishers to select the multimedia files stored in the DAM directly from the CMS media library, relieving the website architecture from the management of multimedia file distribution and taking full advantage of all the features and potential of THRON's Elastic Media Delivery. Integration brings the following benefits:
- It minimizes integration costs with THRON: just configure the connector and the THRON contents will be immediately available in the CMS multimedia library.
- It allows you to remove the duplication of media files between THRON and the Wordpress media library: THRON is the only source of media files.
- It improves page loading performance and peak management: the distribution of multimedia files is entirely managed by THRON Elastic Media Delivery and through the Universal Player.
- It automatically collects content intelligence data: tracks any interaction between users and media files and profiles audience interests
How it works:
Inside the Media Library present in the Wordpress content creation tool, there will be a special tab that will show the content in THRON. In addition to searching, these contents can be filtered by:
Once the content to be included in the page has been selected, the editor can decide the type of embed:
- Via THRON Universal Player, and possibly the template to be used
- via HTML tag (i.e. for background images)
and the logic of resizing:
- Fixed embed
- Responsive embed
The content thus inserted will be automatically enriched with all the information useful for their indexing by search engines; THRON's Elastic Media Delivery will dynamically adapt their quality according to the device in use and the available bandwidth, and all interactions between users and these contents will be automatically tracked.
INSTALL FROM WITHIN WORDPRESS
- Visit the plugins page within your dashboard and select
- Search for
THRONfrom the list.
- Activate it from your Plugins page.
- Go to
INSTALL THRON PLUGIN MANUALLY
- Download plugin from this page
- Extract files
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
<?php do_action('plugin_name_hook'); ?>in your templates
- Once the plugin is activated, go to the
- You’ll be prompted to your THRON clientId, AppId and AppKey that you can find on the WordPress Connector page in THRON.
- After saving, the plugin is active and connected to the THRON platform.